As part of the move to have a better NISIG year, the national executive board met on the 13th of January,2018 at Brunsstrasse 15, 21073 Harburg. All the members of the executive board were present, this includes; Ayodeji Ayansola (President), Joshua Alabi (Vice President), Victor Oyedele (Secretary General), Chinonye David (Treasurer), Adekola Adeagbo (Financial Secretary), Abiton Omatsone (Social Director) and Oreoluwa Afolayan (Director of Publicity). Issues discussed include:
- Annual Summit.
- Constitutional review
- Financing NiSIG
- Appointment of zonal coordinators.
- In order to extend NiSIG outreach and reach out to new incoming scholars, cards/flyers will be printed, and will be distributed to scholars at the consulate of Germany in Lagos and Abuja.
- The reviews and updates made to the constitution will be once again proof-read and deliberated upon by the excos, thereafter, the final draft will be sent to all chapter Presidents before the finalizing and approval process commence.
- The organizing committee for the next annual summit has been set-up. The summit will hold in Berlin, tentatively on the 5th and 6th October 2018. A committee for reviewing the awards and recognition criteria was also initiated. The Committee for organizing the summit will be headed by the DOS, the Director of Publicity and the Secretary.
- Zonal coordinator has been nominated, recognized and appointed
- Motunrayo Adesina Zone 1
- Oluwabi Oluwaseyi Zone 2 Zone 3 and 4 will be announced later.
- Charity events are being planned, to be organized and executed by the chapters before the annual summit.