Achievements for the 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 Administrative Tenure
We hereby list some of the achievements of the administration below. We can’t mention all but the following are parts of what we have been able to accomplish.
1. Creation of a journalism arm of the organization known as ‘ The Synergy’ involved in Monthly Newsletter Publications.
2. Inauguration of the *NiSIG Legal Practitioners Initiative (NLPI) *involved in assisting any member of the Association in need of Legal help /advise when the need arises on pro-bono basis. So far they have helped more than a hundred members.
3. Ensuring educative, social, and impactful programs for the scholars at least once in two months (especially during Holidays and festive periods)
4. Vindication of Miss Jennifer(an Association Member) who was sentenced to years of imprisonment. Ensuring she was released almost immediately and strived hard to ensure all necessary investigations are detailedly done. This later led to all criminal charges against her being dropped and she was acquitted of them all. Also ensuring all her financial, sustenance,welfarism, mental and academic needs are met.
5. Launching and Production of a musical documentary for our Country Nigeria in a song titled “Nigeria my motherland”
6. Creation of a yearly entertaining Talent hunt innovation titled *NiSIG Got Talents(NGT) *as a means of promoting the Talents among our scholars, providing them with global and collaborative opportunities and financial compensation in the range of 1500 euros.
7. Providing the registered Association members with identification documents in the form of a *membership certificate *as the constitution demands.
8. *NiSIG Empowerment Programme (NEP) * for the Association members on topics relating to integration, financial stability, mental/general body wellbeing, legal issues, and so on
9. Establishing a collaboration between NiSIG e.V and BARMER Health Insurance to provide help and support for our scholars/prospective scholars.
10. Purposeful visit of the National President and delegates to the Nigerian Embassy in Berlin under the leadership of His Excellency Ambassador Maitama Tuggar to discuss challenges faced by our members in terms of integration, passport renewal, and so on.
11. Purposeful Visit of the National President and delegates to the Consul General of Nigeria to Germany ( His Excellency Ambassador Wahab Adekola Akande), and the entire staff members to discuss the possibility of having both capturing and passport issuance in Frankfurt, student welfarism, immediate response to scholars’/students needs, promotion of Talents involved in NGT yearly among many others which has led to the better welfarism of our Association members in relation to the discussed topics and much more.
12. Discussion with CIM (Centre for migration) to discuss how our members can be considered for funding and the possible funding opportunities for them and a potential *NiSIG-CIM collaboration *
13. Engaging the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Nigeria in discussions involving Visa appointment date scheduling difficulties experienced by our prospective scholars and areas where our members can benefit from the Ministry.
14. Visit to His Imperial Royal Majesty (Ooni of Ife) Oba Ogunwusi (Ojaja II) to discuss how cultural programs can be done in Germany and our scholars in this field can also be promoted and collaborated with as a means of bringing out the best in them to match international standards and Exalting the Nigerian Image (among many others).
15. Engagement between the National President of NiSIG e.V and Mr. Azeez Oyetoro (Award-winning Comic Actor, MTN Ambassador, and lecturer ), Mercy Alexander(Award-winning TV presenter), and *other high profile dignitaries *on how to work alongside the association to for the growth and development of the Entertainment section of the association
16. Creation/inauguration of new chapters for the growth and development of NiSIG e.V. The chapters created include NiSIG Kassel Chapter, NiSIG Darmstadt Chapter, NiSIG Oldenburg Chapter, NiSIG Rhein/am, NiSIG Frankfurt Oder, NiSIG Dresden
17. *Activities promotion and structural synergy *among chapters of the association to maintain their growth and expansion.
18. First National Annual Summit online with the highest participation record of individuals all around the world in 2020 (a great improvisation due to COVID)
19. Organizing a medical awareness program at the beginning of the COVID pandemic for our scholars in collaboration with Barmer Health Insurance to address uncertainties as regards the virus, the spread rate, and preventive measures. The program featured a skilled Medical expert in the above-mentioned field and related areas.
20. Creation of NiSIG Listening ear platform (nisiglisteningear.com) for Scholars as a means of improving the social life of our members and interact to get answers to challenges and questions with the help of qualified Administrators always available to help at all times.
21. A purposeful Visit to the Special Adviser to the Nigerian President discussing issues related to NiSIG members’ involvement in National Development, expertise incorporation, talented scholars national collaboration, and so on..
22. Concrete planning for the *National Annual summit 2021 *aimed to be the *biggest National Summit ever in the history of NiSIG e.V *with the best set of speakers, events, and program schedule to achieve this purpose.
NB: Efforts recognized by authorities including the Nigerian tribune who published this.
23. NiSIG constitution Review exercise for the strengthening of the Association and the activation of the Board of Trustees clause as stated in the constitution.
24. Entertainment international collaboration project and bringing these discussions to renowned individuals’ desks. Meeting facilitated with Mubarak Bakare(Tallest model in Sub-Saharan Africa and Award-winning celebrity) Mrs. Mercy Alexandra(Award-Winning Presenter, Brand Ambassador, and CEO D’Gallery TV), Mr. Afeez Oyetoro (MTN Ambassador, Award-winning Comic Actor, Lecturer), Mr. Marcaroni ( Award-winning Comedian, Popular celebrity), Mr. Akin Alabi (Legendary Videographer, Award-winning Producer/Cinematographer)
25. Establishment of the first set of Entrepreneurs showcases for the association, celebrating them and guiding them through on the most executive platform- NiSIG Annual National Summit.
And so on…..
National Executives of 2019/2020
National President: Emmanuel Fadipe
Vice President : Chioma Okonkwo
General Secretary: Purity Nnodi
PRO/Webmaster: Hameed Bello
Treasurer: Omotola Adekunle
Director of Finance: Abdulhazeez Rahman
Director of Socials:Akuine Obumneme
* National Executives of 2020/2021*
National President: Emmanuel Fadipe
Vice President : Amaka Elema
General Secretary: Precious Ezeigwe
PRO/Webmaster: Vincent Obigwe
Treasurer: Omotola Adekunle
Director of Finance: Augustine Akah
Director of Socials: Adedayo Adepegba